Pallas Textiles Celebrates the Craft Behind the Handmade In Its Limn Collection
Posted On: February 8, 2019
GREEN BAY, WI - Pallas Textiles introduces the new Limn Collection. The Limn Collection draws its name from its meaning, which is rooted in art history. “Limn” is to depict in painting or suffuse in color and light. Much like its eponym suggests, the collection celebrates the craft behind the handmade and captures the brightness of painted color through subtle shade transitions and a selection of vibrant, sophisticated hues.
The collection features six patterns:
- Camaieu – Camaieu evokes a painting technique that focuses on the gradation of tints or The pattern offers more of a geometric aesthetic for a fresh change of pace. Camaieu is available in five harmonius color stories.
- Impasto – Named after an art form that uses a thick application of paint that makes no attempt to look smooth, Impasto is a subtle stripe with a dimensional appearance. Impasto is offered in 10 versatile shades grounded by neutral highlights.
- Mezzo – Mezzo’s leaf shapes were carved into stamps and then applied to fabric with indigo ink, making it the boldest and most delineated pattern of the collection. Mezzo is offered in seven subtle transitions of color.
- Tint – Tint pays homage to watercolor paintings that appear luminous and Its natural linen look, and reversible color balance, make it an essential textile to suit any healing environment. Tint is available in a broad range of 12 lucent hues.
- Alea – Alea is inspired by the art of frottage, which obtains random, or aleatory, textural effects by rubbing pastels or charcoal over a dimensional surface. Alea, a staple texture rendered by this technique to mimic Donegal tweed, is available in 14 elegant color combinations.
- Etch – Etch mirrors the elaborate textural details of the intricate intaglio technique of traditional etching. This foundational pattern is offered in 24 soothing shades that coordinate perfectly with the remainder of the Limn Collection.
Being genuine is as important today as it ever was. From the quality of our materials, to the authenticity of our people, we are true to who we are and the creations that bear our name. Pallas Textiles fuses the art of weaving with today’s modern techniques and fibers into sophisticated, stylish and timeless upholsteries, panel fabrics and privacy curtains that continually evolve in color, pattern and texture. Pallas Textiles is headquartered in Green Bay, Wis. For more information, visit www.pallastextiles.com.