Pallas Textiles Introduces the Mid Century Mood Collection
Press Release • February 17, 2017
GREEN BAY, WIS. – Pallas Textiles is excited to introduce the Mid Century Mood Collection, which pays homage to the iconic designers of its era – Eames, Nelson, Saarinen and others who helped define America’s informal interpretations of the international and Bauhaus movements. Mid Century Mood captures the optimism of this era in a collection of textiles that feature hallmarks of mid-century design. Sleek lines. Simple forms. Dynamic hues. Bold patterns. Quirky accents. The Mid Century Mood Collection includes the following five patterns:
- Groove – Chic and sculptural. Groove plays with geometric shapes and linear elements to create an abstract pattern reminiscent of bold mid-century designs. Its construction and weaving technique add texture and dimension.
- Jet Set – Vintage cool. The juxtaposition of soft chenille and sleek satin gives Jet Set the illusion of subtle movement. A “mod” color palette freshens this retro graphic pattern.
- Decked Out – Uniform yet organic. The rectangular elements of Decked Out hint at a Bauhaus-influenced design. Yet, the geometry is purposely unstructured. Playful yet complex color combinations make Decked Out en vogue.
- Night Cap – Simplistic yet decadent. A matte look and sophisticated color play give Night Cap the appearance of a refined tweed. The tightly woven chenille yarn offers a velvety hand.
- Threads – Class yet contemporary. Threads uses varied line densities to construct a subtle large-scale plaid with a hand-stitched look. Layers of multiple colors hint at the unexpected color combinations of the era.
The fabrics in Mid Century Mood have been treated with a high performance technology called “Alta”. Alta is a high performance textile nanotechnology engineered for textiles in multiple applications across all markets.