Pallas Textiles Unveils its Latest Thoughtfully Woven Sophisticated Designs at NeoCon 2015
Release Date: June 15, 2015
CHICAGO – Visitors to Pallas® Textiles’ NeoCon showroom, #1181, will touch, see and feel the company’s latest collections, including the Expressions Collection.
“At NeoCon, Pallas Textiles is proud to showcase a variety of sophisticated, high performance textiles,” said Dean Lindsley, vice president, Pallas Textiles. “Our showroom will serve to help inspire designers to create spaces that are as communicative of their design intent as they are functional, and we’re excited to have Pallas Textiles play a role in the creative process.”
The Pallas Textiles’ portion of the showroom will feature the very latest in the company’s offering of upholstery collections, panel fabrics and privacy curtains. The showroom will allow visitors the opportunity to experience and feel each of the new collections and offerings.
New to NeoCon
Inspired by the modernist Expressionism movement, the Expressions Collection features an artful blend of patterns and textures imbued with a dynamic energy. With the intensity of expressive colors, Expressions weaves this energy and vitality with spontaneity, improvisation and process.
As with famous Expressionism paintings, Expressions fully embraces the use of color to evoke emotions, the incredible variety of textures that amplify appearances and the stunning complexity of different designs. These qualities yield a collection full of dynamic possibilities for a wide range of applications.
The Expressions Collection includes:
- Whim—Subtle striping and variable yarn sizes create this timeless texture. The small-scaled complexity of its woven structure is deceptively simple from afar while yielding a stunningly beautiful field of color.
- Abstract Chevron—A calm gradation of color evokes a refined pattern. This sophisticated graphic implies subtle movement with a careful restraint.
- Spontaneous—Reminiscent of the gestural brush strokes of an inspired painter, this grand pattern marries artistic spontaneity with thoughtful formation. Its layered circles, shifting colors and playful scale pay homage to true Expressionism.
- Painted Stripe—Like a painting on canvas, the beautiful blending of multi-colored stripes suggests the care and quality of handmade design. A work of art in its own accord, this pattern will naturally amplify the appearance of any application.
With appeal beyond appearance, Expressions features the following:
- Abstract Chevron, Painted Stripe, Spontaneous and Whim have acrylic backing and are bleach-cleanable (CDC-approved 10:1 water/bleach mix). Rinse the surface with clear water after cleaning and wipe dry.
- Abstract Chevron, Painted Stripe, Spontaneous and Whim offer INCASE Crypton¨ Technology, featuring “repel and release” stain and microbial resistance that lasts the life of the fabric.
- Abstract Chevron, Painted Stripe, Spontaneous and Whim feature 100% Recycled Repreve¨ Solution-Dyed Nylon. The manufacturing process of Repreve solution-dyed nylon conserves natural resources such as water and energy. In addition, Repreve yarns are certified for recycled content claims through Scientific Certification Systems (SCS).
Expressions follows Pallas Textiles’ tradition of designing sophisticated, high-performance upholsteries. Specifically concerning healthcare, Expressions offers a range of performance upholsteries, including bleach cleanable, as well as INCASE Crypton Technology, featuring “repel and release” stain and microbial resistance that lasts the life of the fabric.
Expressions features solution dyed nylon elements, which makes it bleach cleanable and light fastness, key features in applications where natural light is incorporated into spaces which enhance the healing environment.
Expressions combines thoughtful constructions and high performance finishes, allowing the product to withstand the day-to-day rigors of any high-use healthcare environment. Abstract Chevron, Painted Stripe, Spontaneous and Whim offer INCASE Crypton¨ Technology, featuring “repel and release” stain and microbial resistance that lasts the life of the fabric. Abstract Chevron, Painted Stripe, Spontaneous and Whim are bleach-cleanable (CDC-approved 10:1 water/bleach mix). Rinse the surface with clear water after cleaning and wipe dry. All patterns exceed 100,000 double rubs.
In addition to the Expressions Collection, Pallas Textiles will also feature additional collections at NeoCon, including:
- Topstitch™—Over time, the process of topstitching was used to tailor, patch, mend and reinforce fabric. This process fostered the development of sewing and stitching techniques to create decorative possibilities. Today, topstitching is still used for both practical and decorative purposes. The Topstitch Collection, designed by Pattern Pod, delves into the intricacies of embroidery techniques and interprets them into high-performance textiles. These traditionally decorative and elaborate elements are juxtaposed with simple motifs that are the basic building blocks of design composition: squares, lines, and circles.
- Details™—The Details Collection celebrates “design craft”—a term used by the online publication Handful of Salt to define the intersection of design, fine craft and art. The central principal of the term is hand (human and machine) and its connection to materials and how those materials are applied. The Details Collection is inspired by the makers and the qualities inherent to hand-crafted objects – integrity, exquisite craftsmanship and select choice of materials.
- On the Dot™—The On The Dot Collection focuses on the dot form, a symbol of something whole. In ancient times, it represented the calm of the moon as well as the energy of the sun. Dots are round, spontaneous and fun. Its simple form can be used in infinite possibilities. The collection’s focus on dimension and texture makes On The Dot timeless and sophisticated yet relevant in today’s world.